Official Upcoming Release Schedule!

Due to changes in how my publisher assigns dates, I won't have release dates until I finish the book. I'm currently working on:

Taking the Realm which is book 3 of Sha and Connor's trilogy (previously titled Shaking the Balance)

Monday, February 18, 2013

Interview with Bonnie Bernard!!

Hello my lovelies! It's that time again, time to meet another fantabulous author here on The Lindsay Show. Please welcome the amazingly awesome Bonnie Bernard to the show!! Grab your coffee or tea and let's get started :)


On February 28, there will be a "Hell on Wheels" contest/giveaway over at HELL (see below for link)!!! 
Don't miss it!

Interview

Thank you so much for joining me, Bonnie! When did you know you wanted to be a writer?

At six year old, my (then best) friend and I scribbled our names with markers all over her mom’s freshly-painted living room wall. We got in significant trouble and I was banished from the house…but the incident made me realize that writing things makes people notice you.


LMAO! I have to admit, that's probably the best response I've ever gotten to that question!! What has been the most difficult part about being a writer?

Promotion. As a life-long self-employed contractor, I have always cringed when staring into the self-promotion abyss. Promoting my books is no different.


Yes, navigating the tricky promotional waters is not easy by any means. Who are your favorite authors?

I like classic literature, so Jane Austen, DH Lawrence, or any Bronte sister.


Ooo, those are great authors! What authors inspire you?

Stephen King and JK Rowling…I respect their human compassion.


I think they're both amazing authors and certainly inspiring. Are you a plotter or a pantser with your writing?

Pantser. Sometimes I’m flying by the seat of even less than that.


Haha, me too! I think it makes things more exciting :) What type of books do you like to read?

Historical fiction, supernatural fiction, weird fiction, and a peppering of non-fiction essays.


LOL, I love the term "weird fiction" :) What do you like to do in your free time?

Read, hike barefoot, play in my garden, walk my dog, plot world domination in the coffee shop with friends.


I must show my husband your response so he knows I'm not the only one who likes to go barefoot!! Where is your favorite place to vacation?

I like Honduras best, but when I make it to Switzerland, I might change my mind.


Never been to either place but Honduras must've been gorgeous. I want pictures sometime! If you were stuck on a desert island and could have only three things, what would they be?

Funny you should ask, because I once WAS stuck on a desert island (for a whole four hours, ha). Solar-powered batteries, my computer, and my husband.


Really? You just leave it at that?! *whimper* We will have words later lol. Why did you choose to write paranormal?

It gives me the right to break a few rules and yet it demands believability.


I think that's one of the reasons I adore paranormal, too. Where's the fun in obeying all the rules? What has been the most fun about working on your books?

I’m wild about playing with my characters, except when they knock on my head in the middle of the night and insist I listen to them instead of snoozing.


Hahaha I bet it's exciting and a little frustrating to be woken up in the middle of the night by your characters. They must have lots to say! What has been the hardest scene for you to write?

Fight scenes. Acting them out for realism purposes isn’t fun either.


Yeah, fight scenes have been tough for me to write as well. Do you have any favorite characters? 

Out of the Midnight Hunter Trilogy - Howie Evil and Mo Bently are my favorite, because they come up with their own lines. I just have to sit there and type out what they say. It’s easy and entertaining.


OMG I love those names! How did you come up with the premise for your Midnight Hunter Trilogy?

It was a dare. As in, “I dare you to come up with a supernatural book.”


Haha, again you taunt us with mystery! Tell us about the books in the trilogy please. Is Donna the heroine in all three?

Donna is the protagonist who has the most to lose and who grows the most. She starts out as a shy, unsure, almost helpless thing and winds up…well, no spoilers, but she has to learn a thing or two about kicking ass in order to stay alive and protect her family.


I think I'm going to like her :) Can you explain more about Eternal Partner, Chaos, and the other supernatural elements?

Eternal Partners are like soul mates, and when you meet yours the way you can tell is by the wild reaction of your own heartbeat when you’re near the other person. Not everybody gets an Eternal Partner, and it’s pretty rare for supernatural characters (such as the vampires and demons in the Midnight Hunter Trilogy). When a supernatural character finds a mortal Eternal Partner, rest assured the gods have big plans for that couple.

Chaos is a goddess with a snarky temper, and her limited power in the physical world makes her angry enough to throw tantrums in the best ways she knows how (tempests, volcanoes, tornadoes, the usual stuff).

The Midnight Hunter Trilogy features Underworld vampires, demons, and gods who are compelled to interact with plain ole humans. They need to fit in, they try to fit in, and they work like mad to fit in. That struggle is fun for me to watch, and I hope it’s fun for the readers too. I assure you, it’s not always fun for the vampires, demons, and gods. But when it is…well, crazy things happen.



Well lovelies, I don't know about you but I'm now dying to read this!! I know this is a trilogy but will there be any other books featuring Donna or any other characters from the Midnight Hunter Trilogy?

I’m working on a spin off now with a few new characters and several old favorites.


Yay spinoffs! I’ve got to ask. If faced with college or taking on demons and Chaos, which would you rather face?

I went to college and it was a challenge, but I’d like to tackle demons.


LOL! There are times I think I'd agree with you thinking back to my college days ;) What's next for you?

I’m working on the Midnight Hunter Trilogy spin off and on a different (weird and fun) novel.


I can't wait to see more from you! Anything else you want your readers to know?

Thanks for supporting my crazy characters, and for supporting the characters of other indies. Our world grows as you participate in it!


It has been a pleasure having you with me today, Bonnie!! Lovelies, stick around to learn more about her books!

The Midnight Hunter Trilogy...Buy it Now!

Donna McCormick is a smart, pretty college student with a best friend, a dream of a normal life, and a promising future. Donna’s twenty-first birthday is just one week away. Unfortunately, so is her murder. Pursued in her dreams by a mysterious man who claims to be her Eternal Partner, in her waking hours Donna faces another who claims to be the same. One wants her dead and the other promises to keep her alive. Too bad she can’t tell which is which. It doesn’t help that neither is entirely honest, or for that matter entirely human. 

To make matters worse, just when she needs her most, Donna’s best friend deserts her and her knight in five speed armor disappears. With no other choice, Donna seeks help from a legendary demon. He hates interruptions almost as much as he hates humans, and Donna is guilty of being both. His finger is on the trigger, Donna is in his sights, and he’s promised to blow her brains out if she gets any closer. Desperate, she takes a step toward the monster...
College is a distant memory, the fate of the future is in Donna’s hands, and the world is on a collision course with Chaos. Too bad the only way out is down.

Buy it Now:


Meet Bonnie!

Bonnie Bernard is an alter ego of a feisty redhead who lives in the Rocky Mountains with her husband, a dog, and two cats – one of which owns everybody and everything in the house. They share their old home with a ghost who likes to flip switches and throw power tools until he gets what he wants (bright, shiny objects to play with).

Bonnie spends her time writing, hiking and having fun with her friends. She enjoys planting obscure specimen in the backyard garden to see what pops up, and she’s fascinated by unseen forces and creepy-crawly things. 

Connect with Bonnie!


On February 28, there will be a "Hell on Wheels" contest/giveaway over at HELL!!! 
Don't miss it!

1 comment: